Tuesday, February 20, 2007

5 Months Down!

Has it really been four months since I saw the word "Pregnant" appear on the first of what would be many EPT pregnancy tests? Four months since having to convince Michael that it really was I who peed on the stick(s) that resulted in the guilty verdict. It hardly seems possible. Yet here I sit, 20-pounds heavier (only one pound of which they say is actual baby at this point), starting my sixth month of pregnancy. What an incredible journey!

And I'm trying not to panic as this means we now have t-minus four, short months to get all of the stuff we thought we had "all the time in the world" to get done, done. And by "all of the stuff" I mean, getting a nursery put together, coming up with a name that will do justice to our sweet, sweet baby girl, agreeing on and registering for much needed items, developing and honing some parenting skills (which I am sure will kick in at just the right time) and getting as much sleep as possible, because, from what we're hearing, good sleep after baby is pretty much nonexistent.

Then of course there are the child birth classes which start in May...(Now folks, you will probably want to bookmark this blog for posts on those alone!)

No need to worry. I'm sure it will all get done. It always does. Though I am seriously questioing the above nursery task having just peeked into the room designated baby's and surveying its current state (see picture below). Yikes.

Hope you are all having a great week!


Nursery Before: This has been our "multi-purpse catchall" room since moving in almost two years ago. It's were we stash all the stuff we are not quite sure what to do with yet...anyone up for a garage sale?

4 comments:

Laurie said...

You look so cute. I like that shirt. I am wondering why I never see you in any of my old maternity stuff?? (hee hee) You know we will come help yall if needed. You did help paint Brady's nursery way back when didn't you? Love you!

Anonymous said...

I am having a garage sale at the end of March! Get it down here! You look so cute with your tummy!

Anonymous said...

You are so tiny!! Cute! Meanwhile, after avoiding it for the last three months I just stepped on the "real" scale (the one at home that's 8 lbs. less than the nasty dr. office scale) and YIKES! I've got the calculator out trying to figure how many lbs. the baby, fluid, and other type things will weigh, to plan just exactly how much I will have to lose.

Raising Jenna said...

you look great! :) And yes, get your sleep now! ;) I wrote in my pregnancy journal (you are keeping one, right?) that I was irritated one morning because the neighbor's dog kept barking so early in the morning that it prevented me from sleeping until my alarm went off at 7 a.m. 7 A.M.!!! If only. The only time I see 7 a.m. now is when Jenna and I are sitting watching The Disney Channel.