Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Toddler Nightmares

I woke up early this morning to Mags thrashing about and talking in her sleep. Specifically she was saying: "Nooooo. No Pasta! Noooo Pasta! Noooooo Fish sticks! No Fish sticks." I have to say I got tickled - even in the wee hours of the morning. Poor girl is apparently having nightmares about dinnertime fare and the lack of choices that abound in the Krenek household for her. I have to admit, she does eat a lot of pasta and fish sticks. Not because I am thrilled with the nutritional value in each, it's just that they are two of the THREE things I can get her to eat. The other is chicken.

What I don't understand is that at school she allegedly (and I say allegedly because I have not witnessed this consumption, it's just reported on her progress sheet every day) dines on things such as "BBQ Sandwiches" and "Burritos" and "Turkey Sandwiches" so my rational mind leads me to think that I should rotate those into her dinnertime menus at home. So I do and she WONT TOUCH THEM! Perhaps I should inquire into how they are presenting such fare to make it so appealing.

Anyhoo, I'm off to try to figure out some different dinner options for the tot lest we have more nightmares this evening!

Love to all!

1 comment:

Dana said...

I think Jackson eats better at school too. His teacher says the "peer pressure" works in our favor when they are this young. I think that's why Jackson is sleeping so much better this year too. Since they all nap at the same time, he sees the other kids sleeping and feels he needs to do the same.

Miss seeing you guys!