Thursday, July 2, 2009

It's time to Catch Up

My lack of posting is not for lack of things going on around the Krenek household. It's more of a lack of motivation on my part. Sad, but true. Especially when I have such a darling subject to write about. If only the darling subject did not have the energy of a thousand suns. Momma is tired. But I would not have it any other way!

MagB turned 2 on June 26th and we celebrated on Saturday with a party in her honor. I can not believe she is already 2 - a bona fide toddler. We are amazed every day at the things she can do and how well she is talking. She says things that I have no idea where she has picked up. For instance just this weekend I told her to eat some of the corn on her plate and she replied: "No Way!"Now don't get me wrong, the child hears - and says - the word no. A lot. But the "no way" was a new one. And she has recently started repeating everything. This. Could be bad. Just sayin'.
Anyway, on to the birthday festivities. We had a small party with mostly family. We had a great time. Here are some pics of the big day.
The cake. So cute; however next time I will ask for full disclosure of the price before placing an order. Apparently the food colorings used to mix the frosting for this beaut were made with crushed precious jewels from the byzantine period. There is no other explanation for what this thing cost. If I may quote the legendary George Banks, "A cake, Franck, is made of flour and water. My first car didn't cost that much." Well said, Mr. Banks. Well said. It did taste fantastic though, so there's that.

Mags preparing to blow out the candles. Though, much like last year, she wanted no part in this particular birthday ritual.


The opening of the presents

Playing with the loot.


And eventually all great parties must come to an end.

Later that evening - taking a dip in the new pool.


A few weekends ago, Michael went out of town so Maggie and I headed to Mimi & Papa's for the weekend. All the cousins came over on Saturday and a good time was had by all playing in the water.
Before you get too impressed by this next picture and the extraordinary dexterity and skill that a two year old must possess to have maneuvered herself down a slip and slide at such a young age, I have to confess that Mags would not even get near the thing until the water was turned OFF. Yes, only then would she walk down to the end and lay herself down for a "swim." But then again, she is my child and we all know how brave I am in the water!

On Sunday before church I found Maggie playing on Mimi's plant stand. She had completely closed herself in the bottom cage but by the time I got my camera to snap a pic she was on her way out.

This, ladies and gents, is a pout that can only be perfected over years - two to be exact. It's the perfect "Are you sure I can't do whatever it is you just told me I couldn't do" look. It almost works every time. Almost.


In May, Laurie's oldest, Brady, celebrated his 6th birthday with a party at Texas Tumblers - a cool little joint that had bounce houses, trampolines, spring floors and foam pits. Maggie had a blast.

And last but not least - in adult news - I went on a girls' trip to DC in May to visit my dear friend Kylie who moved to Alexandria, Va. last summer. My friends Sharon and Amanda joined me for the weekend of fun which I must say was much tamer than our "Barnyard Girls Gone Wild" weekend two years ago. I'm quite sure the town of Clayton, Oklahoma is still talking about the city girls who swept through town and left many a Crown Royal bag of life savings dwindled. (Um, no, we will not marry you, even if you do have a brick house and a fridge that works.) But that's a story for another day, and another blog for that matter. So, back to DC. We had a lot of fun seeing the sights and just visiting. Kylie's house is awesome and, as always, she was the hostess with mostess. I can't wait to go back for a visit - and not just so I can get my hands on some more of that tahani free hummus at Trader Joes which rocked my world. I miss my friend!
Kylie, Sharon and Amanda on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial with the Washington Monument in the background.

Kylie, me and Amanda at the Einstein monument.


It's been a long post so I'll close for now and promise to update more often. Hope you all have a great holiday weekend!

3 comments:

jennyc said...

Oh, but the cake is so cute! And did Maggie have a cow dress on? I can't believe our babies are already 2! Glad she had a great day! That is too funny about the slip and slide!

Anonymous said...

I guess I missed the story on the cost of the cake! She is so cute!

Dana said...

LOVE the cake - totally worth it. Enjoyed the updates!