Monday, July 2, 2007

Maggie's Debut

Finally - some time to post some new pics of our Maggie. When I named this blog in anticipation of the joy that our sweet girl would bring us, I had no idea just how much joy and love that meant! It's truly awesome and almost overwhelming this love we have for her already. God is good - that's all I can say. Seriously, I could cry just thinking about it (and often do! :-)) She is absolutley the sweetest thing EVER!

Maggie decided to make her debut on Tuesday - one day shy of our induction date - and 6 days past her due date. I was so very thankful she finally decided to come on her own. We arrived at the hospital around 2:15 a.m. and made the calls to let our family know "it's time". About 14 hours later - at 4:55 p.m. - Maggie Bren was born, weighing in at 8 lbs .03 ounces and measuring 20.8" in length. She was - and still is - the most beautiful thing we've ever laid eyes on and has a headfull of hair that - had I not just delivered her - would have me questioning whether she was my child!

We finally got to come home on Thursday and are quickly settling into a routine of feedings and naps, etc... Thanks to all for your prayers, thoughts, well-wishes, visits, dinners and especially your love. We are so thankful that Maggie has you all in her life!

Here are some pics:

The Krenek Family:




Maggie received this hat as a shower gift and of course we could not resist!


Maggie with Dr. Burt. Thank you Dr. Burt - we certainly could not have done this without you!


In the car seat for the ride home:

Here she is with Daddy after her first bath at home:


Maggie with Gramps:


Maggie and her Aunt Mer:

Maggie and her Papa:

Mimi and Papa:

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lisa,

She is just precious!!

Raising Jenna said...

omg, she is gorgeous! And I love all that hair!!! Congratulations, Lisa!

Laurie said...

She is soooo cute! I can not wait to see her again! She does look a lot like Michael in some of those pictures! I love y'all!

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable. I love her!!!

Anonymous said...

She looks so cute! I can't wait to see her again when Tatum is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely precious! We can't wait to meet her. I hope soon!

Take care
Tanya