Friday, May 18, 2007

Happy Friday!

Ah Friday! I love Fridays. For whatever reason traffic is always a little lighter on Friday's and work seems a little less like work. Everybody's in a good mood and almost always someone at work brings in breakfast - perhaps in celebration of the two glorious days of...well...not work that lie ahead! Yep, Friday's are good.

That nesting thing must be kicking in because I've spent the last two evenings getting all of baby's new blankets and washcloths and hooded towels and sleepers and onesies all washed and ready for use/wear. My goal this weekend - in addition to finishing the nursery - is to get my hospital bags packed so they are ready when she finally decides she's had enough of her cramped living quarters and is ready to face the world! Oh, I can't wait to meet her!

Michael and I are 3/4 of the way thru our childbirth classes. Very eye opening. I often find myself speechless - which is very unlike me - during these classes. We watch these videos of births and epidurals and C-sections and other "interventions" and then we're asked to talk about things and really, all I can do is sit there and think: "I don't even know what to say about what I just saw." It's all very scary and exciting at the same time. This week was about interventions - so the things that you may not necessarily plan for but may have to happen for baby's safe delivery (i.e. c-section, the E word (episiotomy) etc...). I was feeling a little nervous about things and then we took a tour of the labor and delivery floors and stopped at the nursery where the new babies were on display and my nervousness was quickly replaced with utter excitement in the realization that in a few short weeks that will be my sweet baby on display. So come what may - bring it on - it will all be worth it the minute we see our sweet girl and get to hold her for the first time.

Hope you all have a great weekend! Please continue to pray for us as we get ready for our new arrival!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

It is truly an experience unlike any other in the world! Seeing your baby for the first time will be worth every bit of discomfort that you have and have yet to experience over these past few months! Enjoy every minute of it! Don't worry about a thing. You, Michael and baby Maggie will all do great! Can't wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet her too. I am one of the this might happens! It all works out fine not matter how they get out!

Raising Jenna said...

So come what may - bring it on - it will all be worth it the minute we see our sweet girl and get to hold her for the first time.

you're absolutely right :) You will not be able to take your eyes off her! I'm so excited for you :)